Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Potty Training


Kendall is officially potty trained!  She still has an accident now and again, but they have been few and far between.  I've decided that when she does have an accident, it is only for attention seeking purposes.

She has even been waking up dry most mornings.  I do have to say I'm pretty impressed.

We really did try everything to get her trained to no avail.  Even the fancy "Pee" and "Poop" jars with special treats didn't do the trick.  Deciding to make it her only option is what finally did work.  One Saturday morning in June, I decided I had had enough with changing two sets of diapers so put her in underwear.  She had a few accidents, but caught on pretty quickly after constant reminding.  Even Ryan helped with the reminders.

I wasn't sure how our 10 day trip to Minnesota would impact her progress.  I knew once we got to the cabin we'd be okay, but thought our long travel day may impact it negatively.  It didn't.  She even went potty on the airplane, and refused to poop until we made it to the cabin.  She was a trooper!

I can't tell you how happy we are to be down to one set of diapers.  Yay, Kendall!






1 comment: