Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gunnar

Pondering.  Should I ride on the tube or not? 

This boy is the best story teller you'll ever meet.  He is so animated and exaggerates better than any other 8 year old I know.

He is also Ryan's twin (only with blond hair).  He knows how to push his mother's buttons just as well as Ryan pushes mine.  I can't tell you how many times I've called Gina for advice when dealing with a behavioral issue with Ryan.  I just know she has dealt with the same thing with Gunnar.  Gina is always so good to give me the best tips that have worked for her.

Gunnar was a little out of sorts the week we were there.  He wasn't well, and he and Ryan don't get along as well as you'd think.  We know this is because they are so alike.  As Ryan and Emma are off playing, Gunnar is left with no one to hang out with.  Although, when it was time to play baseball he and Ryan did get along pretty well.

Gunnar is a funny kid.  He's very obsessed with the wind.  He does not like when things blow in the wind and is completely paranoid that things may blow away.  This always makes me laugh.  Gina is still trying to figure out what happened to make him like that?  Hmmm...  He gets himself worked up about all sorts of things.  He would not go tubing, and rarely goes in the water.  It's just not his thing.

I can just see the stories he has to tell in that expression.

His thing is to fish.  And fishing with Uncle Charlie is the ultimate.  He always comes back with the best stories, so does Charlie!  He'll even get up at the crack of dawn to go out fishing.  He actually woke up at 4am to go out with Uncle Steve and Andrew one morning.  And was so patient as they waited hours for a tow truck to come after the boat trailer broke down.  He'll do anything to fish.  

It's so much fun to watch him grow up.  He has such a vibrant personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment