Monday, July 2, 2012

Natalie at One




Miss Natalie is quite the handful at one.

She still does not sleep worth a darn.  She's up multiple times a night.  We're beginning to think her sole purpose in life is to make us crazy.  If this is true, she has almost reached her goal.



Her smiles light up the day, however.  I have never met a kid who smiles so much.  It completely melts our hearts.

She has 7 teeth, soon to be 8.  This could be the reason for the sleepless nights, but one never knows.



Her eyes are a dark bluish / grey.  I had to look really hard the other day because they seemed a little brown to me.  But I am quite certain they will stay this bluish / grey color.

And she's walking!  I'm completely caught off guard when I come around the corner and find her standing there.  I'm so used to seeing her down on the floor, not on two feet.  She still prefers to crawl most of the time, but I can see her turning the corner to walking more.  She gets more and more confident every day.  She can really cruise if she's holding onto a toy in one hand.  I remember Kendall doing the same thing.



She has more than enough confidence with her climbing skills.  She can now get up on the couch and the coffee table.  Her favorite thing is to stand up on the coffee table.  Really not safe.  Ryan scolded her the other day for trying to walk on the coffee table.  She is a serious monkey, I swear.  I looked at our bar stool height dining room chairs and thought to myself that it won't be long before she figures out how to get up on those.  The good thing is she knows how to safely get down from high places by turning around and sliding down on her belly.  Smart girl.


Miss Natalie is also learning how to make her presence known.  The screeches and babbles are endless now.  The babbles are beyond adorable.  She mimics almost any sound you make, which is so fun.  The screeches are deafening.  When her and Kendall get going it's ridiculous.  I'm sure the neighbors wonder if we've adopted wild monkeys.  Kendall usually starts the screaming, then Natalie mimics her.  She's not saying too many words, only MaMA and DaDa for now.  I'm sure that will change in no time!


Even though the sleepless nights are getting so old, this girl is completely precious.  We are having so much fun watching her personality really come out.  And watching her interact with Ryan and Kendall is priceless.  My cup runneth over.

One Year Stats:
21 pounds, 14 ounces (80th percentile)
31 inches (95th percentile)
Lots of dark brown hair
Bluish gray eyes
Clothing size:  12-18 months


No comments:

Post a Comment