Monday, April 7, 2014
Sick Week
WHOA! That is all I can say about last week. I hope I never have to experience a week like that again for a very long time, if ever. It was brutal. Kendall started off the vomiting last Friday night. We kept her secluded in our bedroom all day Saturday hoping to protect everyone from the nasty flu germs, especially our niece Aubrey who was staying with us for the weekend.
Thankfully Aubrey didn't get the flu, but I did, and then Natalie and then Ryan and then David did. We all had different variations and some were definitely worse than others but none of them were good by any means.
Ryan got it the worst. He missed four days of school and didn't eat for 3 straight days. And right when we thought he was better, he started vomiting again. It was horrible to watch him be so sick. By Friday, we were pretty worried about the little guy. He was wasting away right before our eyes. After a few calls to the nurse, we just monitored him closely and he slowly started feeling better. He's still not back to 100%, but he's getting close. I knew he was perking up when he started being a pest again. It made me realize how quiet the house had been all week. I much prefer our normal chaotic state. Being sick is no fun.
We got out all together for the first time yesterday. The girls were just as happy as David and I that their best buddy was feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment