Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shopping Day

 
Both David and I are really trying to be more conscious about giving the kids more one on one time, Kendall in particular.  We've been feeling she gets lost in the shuffle with her easy going personality.  While Ryan and Natalie are demanding attention, Kendall is content to sit back and do her own thing.  

I had been plotting to take Kendall out for some shopping and quality mom time for awhile.  So when everyone else was still down and out, and she was bouncing of the walls, I decided there was no better time to go.

Our first stop was the playground, per Kendall's request.  We happened to run into one of the little boys that she goes to preschool with.  They had so much fun running and playing together, which I thoroughly enjoyed watching.  Kendall is pretty particular about who she plays with while at school so loved seeing her embrace a new friend.

The dinner request was sandwiches and french fries.  We stopped at Subway for our first course.  I was looking forward to something a little fancier but the sandwiches filled us up just fine.  Once we had our energy level back up it was time to shop!

Kendall went nuts in the first store.  She was grabbing everything she could find and pulling it off the shelves, "I want this, and this, and this" she kept saying.  I quickly put the reins on and explained that we would take a few things in to the dressing room and try them on.  It was really fun to watch her model the clothes in the mirror, and watch her figure out that the things she really liked on the shelf were not so cute on.  At one point she said, "I just want to wear what I want to wear".  This made me laugh out loud because her dad and I are completely aware of this!  She definitely has a mind of her own when it comes to her wardrobe.

We visited a few more stores, and had such a great time.  I let her pick out a few things, and we talked about how she HAS to wear everything since she picked them out.  She agreed to these terms, and so far so good.  It's been a pretty easy week as far as "clothes drama" goes. 

After we were wiped out from all the shopping fun we stopped for "dessert" - french fries.  This kid definitely did not get her mom's sweet tooth!

On the ride home she said, "this sure is a lucky day".  She just melts my heart. 


Her favorite purchase of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment