The other night at the park her and Ryan were running back and forth to the fence - our "last thing" before it was time to go. Ryan took his turn, then she took her turn. Ryan decided to do another lap and ended up passing her just before she crossed the finish line. She just fell apart. She refused to leave and in her best pouting voice said, "Ryan always wins", and continued in her stand off. We tested her by getting in the car, but she continued to hold her ground. It wasn't until David started backing away that she made a move. But she still refused to get in the car. She just stood along the fence spitting at us, and when I had enough I went to pick her up. Of course she made a mad dash in the opposite direction testing my speed. I finally caught her and brought her to the car all while she was hitting and spitting at me. Oh, the nerve! David was laughing hysterically (bad David). It was pretty comical to see her so mad - because she has never acted like that before. Well, maybe once before but it's so out of character for her. She is pretty cute when she's mad.
Friday, April 11, 2014
Pretty Pouter
This girl. She hit the 4.5 mark and really started testing the limits. She's still very sweet, but can be so defiant lately. She's become completely possessive of every toy and crayon in the house, and just refuses to share and include her sister in anything. She becomes a puddle when she gets frustrated with the tiniest things. Her feelings are extra sensitive and hurt so easily; like her sister telling her she doesn't like pink, "But I do like pink, and Natalie says I don't like pink". Sob, sob, sob. It's maddening. Obviously, it's completely normal behavior for a child but I guess it's so frustrating to us because it's coming from our "easy" child.
The other night at the park her and Ryan were running back and forth to the fence - our "last thing" before it was time to go. Ryan took his turn, then she took her turn. Ryan decided to do another lap and ended up passing her just before she crossed the finish line. She just fell apart. She refused to leave and in her best pouting voice said, "Ryan always wins", and continued in her stand off. We tested her by getting in the car, but she continued to hold her ground. It wasn't until David started backing away that she made a move. But she still refused to get in the car. She just stood along the fence spitting at us, and when I had enough I went to pick her up. Of course she made a mad dash in the opposite direction testing my speed. I finally caught her and brought her to the car all while she was hitting and spitting at me. Oh, the nerve! David was laughing hysterically (bad David). It was pretty comical to see her so mad - because she has never acted like that before. Well, maybe once before but it's so out of character for her. She is pretty cute when she's mad.
The other night at the park her and Ryan were running back and forth to the fence - our "last thing" before it was time to go. Ryan took his turn, then she took her turn. Ryan decided to do another lap and ended up passing her just before she crossed the finish line. She just fell apart. She refused to leave and in her best pouting voice said, "Ryan always wins", and continued in her stand off. We tested her by getting in the car, but she continued to hold her ground. It wasn't until David started backing away that she made a move. But she still refused to get in the car. She just stood along the fence spitting at us, and when I had enough I went to pick her up. Of course she made a mad dash in the opposite direction testing my speed. I finally caught her and brought her to the car all while she was hitting and spitting at me. Oh, the nerve! David was laughing hysterically (bad David). It was pretty comical to see her so mad - because she has never acted like that before. Well, maybe once before but it's so out of character for her. She is pretty cute when she's mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment