Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Big Day!





School:  Olympic View Elementary
Teacher:  Mrs. Cieslar (Pronounced: Chess-lar)

There was a lot of excitement to start the morning, and lots of nagging, "when do I get to go to school?".  With a 9:20 start time there is a lot of time to kill in the morning.  He arrived confident, and excited but the tears started right before I was going to leave.  The tears took me by surprise.  I gave him a few more hugs and big thumbs up and left.  I peeked in before I left, and he was doing fine.  I knew once all the other parents had left, and  Mrs. Cieslar started the day he would be just fine, and he was.

He was so happy to see us when we picked him up.  His favorite part of the day was Recess, of course!  He saw some familiar faces from the neighborhood and Co-op that helped the day go a little better, I think.

As we walked out the door for school, the girls were both sobbing in David's arms:

"Ryan not go to school.  I miss him".
Natalie was crying, too, seriously.  But when I pointed the camera at her she broke into a cheesy grin instantly. 

We were so happy to have Ryan home from his big day, and hear all of his stories!



Tomorrow he will take the bus for the first time.  I'm trying not to hold my breath.  The bus scares me to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment