On Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my sister in law, Jenn and Baby Girl Boehm (ETA 10.24.12, which is also Jenn's birthday!).
I had so much fun planning and preparing for the big day. The theme was "Peach" to go with the theme of Baby Boehm's nursery, and peaches also happen to be one of Jenn's favorite foods.
The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and neither could the company! Jenn has SO many wonderful ladies in her life who were there to celebrate. It was such an honor to share the day with them all.
 |
| Decor. I made these special frames. One for Jenn's baby photo and one for Michael's. I stenciled their birth dates and weights onto the frames. It will be fun to compare Baby Boehm's looks and stats when she arrives! |
 |
| Yum, Yum....Peach Tart! |
 |
| Me and the Mama To Be. |
 |
| The Spread. |
 |
| The Gifts. |
 |
| June Dolen. AKA Grandma Grape. Love her. You would never guess she is 86! |
Every guest was asked to select a bead and present it to Jenn. They gave advice, or shared special wishes for the Mama To Be. This was my favorite party of the shower. It was so amazing to hear their words of encouragement, advice and just plain love for Jenn. I later made the beads into a necklace for Jenn to remember all that love (stay tuned for a photo).
 |
| Alyse sharing her bead with Jenn. |
 |
| Grandma Karen sharing her bead with Jenn. |
 |
| The beautiful Mama to be. |
 |
| I loved how Jenn took in every word. |
 |
| The Drinks. |
 |
| July, Cousin Kirsten, Aunt Lynn and Alyse taking it all in. |
 |
| Jenn's friend Amy made homemade soaps. So cool. |
 |
| Baby booties. Adorable! |
 |
| Isn't this the cutest chair you've ever seen? |
 |
| The Ladies! |
 |
| The WWU girls. Jenn has such wonderful friends. |
 |
| Jenn, Grandma Karen and the amazing bassinet. |
 |
| Jenn and her beautiful Mama. If you know Chris, you know why Jenn turned out to be so wonderful! |
 |
| A picture of things to come. My prayer is that Jenn's baby is not nearly as crazy as mine! |
Katy-- You threw such a beautiful shower. I am so thankful for you! Everything was perfect. Thank you for taking the time to do this for our new little family of 3!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!