We drove to Castle Rock last week to celebrate Grandma Karen's birthday and go to the Cowlitz County Fair. I had been wanting to take the kid's to a County Fair, and Karen planned her birthday in correlation with the fair perfectly! We even got Papa Pete's pizza for dinner (seriously the best pizza ever).
It was great to see Karen and Bill and see how their garden is growing. They had such beautiful flowers, and amazing blueberries and pea pods. Yum! The kids were so content to be there. They love visiting the donkeys and Robbie, the dog. They know exactly where the toys are and get them out right away.
We all had a great time at the Fair on Thursday. The kids loved seeing all the animals. Kendall was stone-faced the entire time. I don't think she showed one emotion until she got to play the fishing game. She can be so funny sometimes. She stuck to Grandma Karen like glue.
I loved walking through all the barns. David thought it was boring after awhile. He said, "If you see one bunny, you've seen them all". I completely disagree, and enjoyed seeing ALL the animals. Even though there were 40 chickens, they were all different! Of course, all the babies were my favorite. Especially those little piglets.
No comments:
Post a Comment