Ryan has been a huge Ichiro fan since he was two, so when I heard about Ichiro's big trade to the Yankees on July 23rd I was a bit nervous to tell him.
When I finally did break the news to him he initially thought I was kidding then when he realized I wasn't replied, "He wasn't a good hitter anyway". Oh, my boy.
It was odd that Ichiro wasn't in the Mariners line-up for the first time in 12 years. But even more odd to see him in a Yankee uniform at Safeco Field the same day he was traded. It was a quite a moment in Seattle sports history. I was sad for my boy. As we watched, Ryan took it all in. I could tell he really wasn't sure how to feel about the whole thing.
Halfway through the second inning he says, "Mom, I'm going to play for the Mariners for two weeks then I'm going to play for the Yankees.
By the sixth inning he decided that he is just going to play for the Yankees.
No comments:
Post a Comment