Thursday, May 10, 2012
Ryan at 5 1/2
Ryan is officially 5 1/2. He's growing up so fast.
He's becoming much more independent. He will play for hours using his imagination. Most of the time it involves a bat and a ball and a make believe game of baseball in which his team always wins. I love to watch him. I think that his career path may be a play-by-play announcer!
We've been working with him to make his own decisions instead of following the silly kid's lead. He's grown leaps and bounds over the school year. He does need a good reminder every now and then, but who doesn't?
He loves school. He loves being with his friends. He loves being silly with his friends. I know he'll do great in Kindergarten next year. Going to school 4 days a week is not enough for him this year.
He has more energy than I will ever be able to keep up with. Need I say more?
Kendall and Natalie are so lucky to have him for a big brother. They do have their share of squabbles, but they also have so much fun together. Ryan is so sweet to Natalie, and so good to include Kendall in his games. I love watching them all interact and laugh together. My favorite is at dinner time when Natalie is making silly sounds and faces, and Kendall and Ryan think every noise or expression she makes is the funniest thing in the world. The giggles are priceless.
Ryan is also become such a good helper for me. He's good to let me know if Natalie is into something she shouldn't be. And when I ask him if she's OK (if she's out of my sight) he's very good to check or say, "she's fine, Mom. She's right here." He uses his "Geez Mom, Relax." voice which always makes me laugh. He is also good to let me know if Kendall is doing something she shouldn't be. This is more to get her in trouble than to help, though!
Baseball is by far his most favorite thing. I really believe it's on his brain 24/7. He's always asking questions about baseball out of the blue. I'm not sure what we'll do when T-Ball is over in a few weeks. He absolutely loves having games and being on a team. He is very good to listen to his coaches and follow directions. I never have to ask him to get dressed on game days. He wakes up and puts his jersey on first thing. On non-baseball days I have to nag him 3 or 4 times to get dressed.
He can calm himself out of tantrum so much quicker now. This is a true sign to me that he is growing up. The boy has always been able to through a good tantrum. I thought they would end at 3, then 4, then 5. I guess 5 1/2 is the age. I am so proud of him when he can pull himself out of one. I know there will still be a few in his future, but so happy he can find his calm so much quicker.
He really is a happy, sweet, loving little boy and I'm so proud he's mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment