Thursday, May 24, 2012
Eleven Months
Natalie is SO busy at 11 months. Some days we just can't keep up with her. She's into climbing, so if there is anything she can get her knees up on she is all over it. The little rocking chair is her favorite thing. For awhile she was so proud just to sit on it and rock a bit, but now she stands up on it. Not so safe. She flipped it the other day, but that didn't stop her. She just uses the backside of it as a ladder, then does a face plant when her weight shifts it. She cries for a bit, then gets right back to business. Why I was blessed with 3 children who can't sit still is beyond me.
At Ryan's baseball games she's up and down the bleachers like a crazy fool. It makes her so happy!
She's taken a few steps, but still prefers to crawl. She stands unassisted really well, but just doesn't have the desire to walk quite yet. I'm sure it won't be long. She cruises along the furniture.
Her sleeping habits still stink. She's easier to put down for the night, but we've been working on that. Instead of rocking her completely to sleep, we feed her then sing a few songs and then lay her down. She cries for a few minutes but then crashes. She's typically up an hour later crying, but I'm over that game too. I let the poor thing cry. She usually goes back to sleep after a few minutes, and is up again an hour later. I sound so mean, but seriously, we are so exhausted. We decided we had to change something. If we let her self-soothe the first part of the night, the second half goes so much better. We'll win this sleep battle one day. It will probably be 4 years from now, but we will win!
She's all smiles during the day Her smile is the best! With her horrible sleeping habits aside, she really is such a joy. We all love her to pieces. Both Ryan and Kendall freaked out when we dropped her off at Aunt Melanie's the other night while we went to the Mariner's game. Kendall said, "I want my sister back". Natalie adores the two of them, too. If Ryan doesn't say "Good Morning" to her, she whines until she is acknowledged. Once she is greeted, she's fine. It is pure joy watching them all interact.
She loves to be outside. LOVES it. She is so content in the fresh air.
She isn't making too many more sounds from last month. She likes to mimic which is so great now that Kendall is screaming and throwing tantrums more often! When I sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to her I flash my hands like twinkling stars, and she's started doing it back to me. I love it. I love how proud of herself she is when she does it!
She hasn't grown too much over the past couple months. She seems to be thinning out if anything. I'm sure this is due to her activity level - on-the-go-constantly. Her hair is really coming in and getting longer. We may have a to attempt a first haircut soon! And as it grows, it's lightening up quite a bit. It has gone from black to dark brown, to almost light brown now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment