Since we weren't able to do all the things we wanted before Christmas, we decided to fit some more fun in this past week.
I really wanted to take the kids to Seattle Center to see the train display and go ice skating. I hadn't been ice skating in probably 15 years. I guess it's like riding a bike, though, once you learn you don't forget. I was excited to get Ryan and Kendall up on skates, too. The rink had walkers they could push to help them balance so on our first lap around the rink we used that. Since David had to sit on the sidelines with Natalie, it was a huge help in getting Ryan and Kendall around. We got rid of Kendall after the first lap. She hated it. I took Ryan on a couple more laps, and then he was done too. I was so disappointed that they didn't like it, but took the opportunity to skate on my own.
After we mentioned to Ryan that he would have to learn to skate to keep up with his cousins from Minnesota he was back on the ice in a flash. He's so competitive, that kid. He decided that using the walker was not his thing, and insisted he just hold my hand. Things went much better and he started loving it. We skated for awhile, and then he said to me: "I'm keeping up with my cousins, now". He's so funny.
I got Kendall out again, too, just holding her hands. She liked it much better that way, too. I was so happy the liked it after all!
Ryan begged and begged for me to take him skating again on Friday but couldn't since I had to work. I did find a rink that had open skating today so he and I went. The two of us skated for about an hour. He loved it, and did so great. I was so amazed at how well he did for his second try at ice skating. We are definitely going to try to make it skating more often. We both had such a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment