Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, The Things That He Says...Part II

I know he doesn't intend to be, but Ryan is so funny.  It seems as if he bottles all his funny sayings up and spills them in the same week.  I think the reasoning behind this may be that he's feeling better, therefore behaving better, which means we are not as exhausted around here and can actually appreciate his humor, even if it's unintentional!

Here are a few of his one liners from this week:

1.  While stuck in traffic on the interstate on the way home from the Marathon on Saturday he says, "Mom, I want to get out and walk". 

2.  The daily question for the past month has been: "Mom, what are the Mariner's doing?  What is Ichiro doing?"  My response on this particular day was, "I think they are resting up for the big game tonight, Ryan."  He replies, "Is Ichiro still in his jammies?" 

3.  Yesterday David called me from work to report that Ryan spotted Ichiro in the newspaper.  He ran up to David holding the grocery store ad saying, "Look Dad, Ichiro".  David's looking and looking, but doesn't spot Ichiro so he asks Ryan where he is.  Ryan then points to the 5 for $1 add and says, "He's right there!"  For those of you who don't know, Ichiro wears number 51 on his jersey!  Get it?

4.  He was walking around with Kendall's Johnny-Jumper around his neck.  This is her bouncy seat that hangs in the doorway.  David asked him what he was doing and he responds, "I need to take Kendall's temperature, Daddy".  Apparently, the jumper resembles Dr. Bratt's stethoscope (not that you use it to take a temperature, but relating to the Dr. none the less)!  I would have never thought of that on my own, but it makes complete sense now that he's pointed it out!

5.  And today I got home after working all day and said, "I love you, Buddy.  I missed you today!".  Ryan's response, "You're Welcome".

I also want to note that for a few days last week I was called, "Mudder".  Not Mother, not Mom, not Mommy but "Mudder". 

Needless to say, there is never a dull moment around here and we are usually laughing our heads off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment