Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fun in the Sun

The kids and I flew to Minnesota last Tuesday.  I know.  Weren't we just in Idaho for the wedding?  Let's just say I have the best boss EVER.  Not only was he okay with me taking time off for the wedding, but he was okay with me taking time off to go to Minnesota last week and to the beach next week.  I did manage to fit in a few days at work, so I don't feel like I'm completely behind.

It was a last minute trip and I'm so happy it worked out (thanks to some cheap tickets).  To me, it is not summer without some quality time on Tulaby Lake.  It's the most magical place, especially when the cabin is full of people!

The view from the cabin.

We had unbelievable weather, and enjoyed every minute of the sunshine!  With an exception to a few (huge) tantrums by Ryan and Kendall not sleeping very well, the trip was amazing.  We had so much fun.  Cabin life is the best!

Before heading to the cabin from Minneapolis, we stopped to see my Grandma Evelyn.  She is doing great at 94!  Uncle Charlie, Aunt Jeannie, Uncle Steve and Aunt Mary joined us.  It was great to see all of them, too!

Grandma Sue was very brave to take Gunnar, Emma and Ryan in the kayak with her.  As Gina and I were venturing out for a walk we heard three little voices howling for coyotes from the water!  Too funny!!  Grandma Sue sure knows how to keep them entertained.

Grandpa Ken took Gunnar and Ryan on a four-wheeler ride.  Kendall is only sitting in on the picture.  No way I'd let her ride quite yet!

Kendall making her lake debut.  She was much more interested in eating the sand than anything else!

Emma and Ryan had so much fun playing in the lake!

The stroller twins with their nuks!  Evie is such a little ham!!  Hard to believe these two are 10 months apart.  They look like they could really be twins.

Gina and Evie in the kayak.

Gunnar and Ryan had a blast fishing off the dock.  Ryan's fishing rod was rigged with a tire, not a hook, so he wouldn't take anyone out.  He got to be a pretty good caster by the end of the trip.  His Daddy does have some work to do, though!

Gunnar and Ryan also had fun "fly-fishing"!

 Kendall floating in the lake.

Baby Gabe in the minnow bucket.  Like Father, like son!

Jillian eating her watermelon.

Gunnar feeding Kendall.  She's almost as big as him!!

Kendall enjoying the lake view from the porch.

Evelyn with her "furs-bee" (as Ryan calls them).  The kids each got one at the parade on Saturday.  
They had so much fun playing with them with Uncle Charlie.

Kendall wouldn't leave her hat on, so I had to put sunscreen her hair.  This was the result! Crazy hair...and doesn't it look red?

The kids also had fun blowing bubbles in the yard.  I love the look of pure bliss on Jillian's face as she's chasing them!

Baby Gabe.  He's so sweet!

Kendall riding the "Bartz Car".  This car has been around forever, and all of the kids still fight over it.  It was given to Ben by our neighbors - The Bartz's - when he was little.  I can't believe it's still in going strong!

Emma with her big catch!  Her first fishing adventure and she out-fished all the boys!  Yeah, Emma!  She wouldn't hold the fish for the picture, though, so Uncle Charlie did it for her.  Uncle Charlie took her, Ryan and Gunnar out in the boat after dinner one evening.  Ryan accidentally dropped Gunnar's orange net over the edge and the tears started rolling.  Gunnar was mad that Ryan dropped the net, and Ryan felt bad that he dropped the net.  Gunnar was ready to send the scuba divers out!  Charlie handled it like a champ.

Jilli holding Kendall

What a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment