Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday Fiasco

On Friday the four of us headed out with Uncle Michael for a boating adventure.  Michael has an awesome boat, and wanted to take us out on the water to have some fun!  It was a hot day, so perfect to be out on the water.

We got out a little ways from the dock and Michael stopped the engine so we could jump in.  Kendall freaked out when he did, and Ryan started whining.  This was only the beginning.  David joined Michael, and made Ryan go in too.  Ryan went crazy!  He did not want to be in the water.  He cried until we got him out.  Apparently, the water was too cold.

Notice Ryan's sour face!

Kendall was not happy.  Those little life jackets are just no fun.  She was so miserable.   I know she looks happy in this picture...


...but this was how she really felt.  

 Ryan continued to have a sour face on the boat.

Michael got the tube set up so I could go tubing, and show Ryan how it was done!  I got in the water and was all set to go, but the boat wouldn't start.

This is Michael trying to fix the boat (Photo by Ryan)

Michael tried and tried to get the boat going while I relaxed in the water.  David was in charge of the whiny kids on the boat!  I really enjoyed my time floating.  It felt so good to be in the lake.  When we realized the boat wasn't going to start I started kicking.
And then the guys took over!  

Thankfully, we didn't stop too far out and were able to make it in fairly quickly!  It was a bit of a fiasco, but we really had a good time.  It was just fun to be out on the water.  And I really think the kids enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment