Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 6 - Thursday






We are half-way through our stay in Maui already. I hate how fast the times goes by.

Today we went on a whale watching adventure with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Aleta, a gal that works for Chuck and Jenny in Alaska, has been wintering in Maui this year. She works at the Pacific Whale Foundation, so hooked us up on an adventure this morning. She even got to come along to enjoy it with us!

Ryan did okay for the first hour, but lost it the second. He was "all done" with the boat. Unfortunately, there are no options when you are out to sea! He ended up doing okay, but really not a great outing for a 2 year old. You live, you learn.

We did get to see a baby humpback whale breach really close to the boat. It was awesome! We saw tons of other whales, and did enjoy being out on the water....despite the fact that we ended up chasing Ryan half the time!

All the fresh air must have worn him out, because he napped for over 3 hours today!

While David and Ryan napped, I visited an old neighbor of mine. Mary is still living in the same building I lived in when I lived here 8 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long). She was my angel when I moved here, and we had a great time catching up!

We spent the late afternoon at the beach and took in the most spectacular sunset yet! It was a beautiful evening. We even got to see a couple get engaged on the beach!!

No comments:

Post a Comment