Last week, we met up with some friends and their baseball playing boys to watch the Liberty High School baseball game. It was a nightmare to say the least. The kids running up and down the bleachers distracting the parents actually watching the game did all us mom's in. The boys were into the game for an inning or so, then started goofing around, and the girls paid no attention to the game at all. I mean, what did we expect? Obviously, we didn't think this brilliant idea through. We left moments before I crawled out of my skin.
On the way back to the car Ryan asked super excitedly if we could come back next week. Ahhhh, NO! NO WAY! NO HOW! He was so mad at me when I told him no. But, after thinking about it, I decided if it was just he and I, I could do it. I told him if he had a good week, he and I would have a date at next week's game.
He had a great week, so he and I had date night - watching more baseball. He loved it! Watched every inning, fetched all the foul balls and cheered really loud when Liberty did something good. He was a really fun date!
Then we had dinner at McDonalds and dessert at Dairy Queen (one healthy dinner). Ryan loved every minute of it, and so did I. It was a great reminder of how nice one on one time with the kids is.
On the way back to the car Ryan asked super excitedly if we could come back next week. Ahhhh, NO! NO WAY! NO HOW! He was so mad at me when I told him no. But, after thinking about it, I decided if it was just he and I, I could do it. I told him if he had a good week, he and I would have a date at next week's game.
He had a great week, so he and I had date night - watching more baseball. He loved it! Watched every inning, fetched all the foul balls and cheered really loud when Liberty did something good. He was a really fun date!
Then we had dinner at McDonalds and dessert at Dairy Queen (one healthy dinner). Ryan loved every minute of it, and so did I. It was a great reminder of how nice one on one time with the kids is.


No comments:
Post a Comment