Ryan has been a huge fan for as long as I can remember (which isn't that long if you know my memory!), so this has been on the calendar since we heard they were coming back for Seafair this year.
We had our usual spot to watch them when we lived in Seattle, but now that we are on the other side of Lake Washington we needed a new spot. We didn't want to battle the traffic that comes with the closure of I-90.
A friend tipped me off to a small landing on Mercer Island, so the girls and I did a reconnaissance mission on Thursday to see if it would work for Saturday's show. The Blue Angels were doing their first practice so I enjoyed the show while the girls swam their little hearts out. Other than being on a boat, the spot was perfect for watching the Air Show.
So on Saturday, we gathered up Team Boehm, added our good friends and headed back. There were a TON of people, but we still had a great time. We definitely learned that having rafts to float on the lake while we watch is the way to go. We can't wait until next year!
Pictures from our reconnaissance mission:
And some fun videos. I am always so impressed with the Blue Angels. They are so amazing to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment