It's been another one of those "see how much we can cram into a week" weeks.
It all started last Thursday with my work event, The Harvest Hoedown. It turned out to be a really fun event, but wasn't well attended. Overall RFH raised about $7500 to support our work.
The following night I had a Rotary event for Lake Union Rotary. I hated taking another night away from the kids, but felt I needed to be there to support my club. Grandma Karen and Grandpa Bill came to watch the kids so I could attend, so made it a bit easier for me to go. After it was all said and done, it was nice to get out of the house and get a break from the daily grind and especially the solo bedtime routine.
I had Saturday to recover from a busier than normal work week. Then on Sunday we headed to Idaho to celebrate Aubrey's 1st birthday. It was super fun to be a part of Aubrey's special day and visit with family and friends.
The trip over was anything but dull. Natalie ended up getting car sick so we ended up making an extra long pit stop to clean her and her car seat up, and enjoyed the rest of the trip with a vomit smelling van.
While in Idaho, the kids visited Dr. Michael for their first dentist. They did really well overall, but Ryan did end up with a cavity. Boo. Oh, and Natalie refused to let her Uncle Michael get a look in her mouth.
We arrived home Monday night and jumped right into a new week. Our neighbors invited us over for the start of the World Series on Wednesday. We so enjoy our new neighbors and had a great time hanging out with them all.
And to round out the week we got new neighbors! They have two girls - 8 and 2 1/2 years - so a perfect fit for our little neighborhood. We are excited to have more kids join the cul de sac!
I'm ready for a quiet weekend at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment