Thursday, May 2, 2013

For the Love

 
His 1st hit of the season!

 

 2nd game hit

There is no denying it:  Ryan loves baseball.  He said to me the other day, "Mom, do you know what the best part of my life is?".  I replied, "Me?" (ha, ha).  His response was: "No. That I get to play baseball".

After I got over the disappointment that his answer wasn't ME, I just had to smile. I really should have been able to figure that out.  We've watched him play endlessly in the yard for years now.  He turns any long, stick-like object into a bat, and any round object (such as a chunk of dirt) into a ball.  And if he doesn't have a physical object to swing, he swings his pretend bat.

Over the weekend he was playing with his hard ball and metal bat in the yard, near my vehicle.  I asked him to move his game elsewhere so he wouldn't hit my van.  His response: "Mom, I'm hitting the ball off the tip of my bat which makes it go away from the van.  If I hit if off the middle of my bat then it would go toward your van.  But I'm not.  I'm hitting it off the tip of my bat so it won't hit your van."  Alrighty then, kid.  Of course, he would have that all figured out.

As you can imagine, the highlight of his life right now is playing coach-pitch baseball.  While I was in Minnesota, I missed his first game.

He got to play catcher and had a great hit!  So happy David captured the moments for me!





Our little catcher.

1 comment:

  1. He's mastered physics AND you've got the future Buster Posey on your hands!!! We've got to get Avery and Ryan together. Hugs, A

    ReplyDelete