Last week David and I did our first quarterly yard maintenance stint at our Seattle house. We had Hanni come watch the kids so we could divide and conquer, and boy did we ever!
WHOA! Is all I could say! After 5 months, what did I expect? Of course, I realize the renters will not take care of the yard as diligently as we did. I get that. It was just a little shocking to me. After 5 months of no maintenance, it was pretty overgrown.
David and I got busy and starting mowing, trimming and pulling weeds. After 5 hours, and 2 trips to off load yard waste we were both quite impressed (and tired) with what we had accomplished.
I was kind of shocked we didn't receive an email from the renters complimenting us on how nice it looked. But then I realized that they are probably thinking, "holy crap! are they expecting us to keep it looking like this?" Ha!
I'm hoping we provided them with a good standard, if nothing else.
 |
| The Before. WHOA. |
 |
| Completely overgrown. |
 |
| The baseballs recovered from the bamboo. Ryan was thrilled. We unearthed 11 in all! |
 |
| Weeds, weeds, everywhere. |
 |
| The After! |
No comments:
Post a Comment