I feel like Valentine's Day was just yesterday. Perhaps it's because my unsent Valentines stare me in the face each morning. I can't grasp how it is nearly the middle of March. How did that happen?
Our days have been such a whirlwind the past couple weeks. I wake up and blink and its time for bed again, and I don't accomplish a thing in between. The kids are fed and loved. I guess that's all that really matters anyway, right?
The number of needs each child has right now is immense. The chorus of "mommy, mommy, mommy" is never ending. I love it, but it is exhausting at the same time.
Ryan and Kendall have been so creative in their play, and get along so well right now. They don't want to leave the house they are so consumed with their amazing ideas. It is a joy to watch this.
Natalie gets herself into so much trouble meddling in Ryan and Kendall's business. She just can't leave their things be, so is outcast. This is just not fair, and so hard for my sweet toddler to understand. We're working hard to include her in their activities but are making little progress in getting her to cooperate.
Most of our days are spent like this with work, school, swim lessons, and trips to the Seattle house mixed in.
After a lot of work by David and Bill, we finally got the Seattle house ready to rent and found renters. We are thrilled for a number of reasons, obviously, but mostly that we don't have to trek over there to work on it every possible moment we could. The house looks great, and we are pleased with the couple who will be moving in this weekend. We hope they will love it as much as we did.
We had a couple weeks of illness. First the girls, then me, then me again. I was completely sidelined for 3 days. I'm feeling much better but still feel like I'm getting caught up.
We're working on the house, but it's coming along slowly. There is so much to do, and I'm trying to take things in small chunks to stop the spiraling out of control feeling. It is so overwhelming to step into every room and know that I have 10+ things I want to get done. I know it will come, but getting my (very little) patience to understand this is hard.
Stay tuned for pictures...they are coming soon. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment