Yesterday was my birthday. I'm officially 35! That numbers sounds old to me, but I certainly don't feel like I should be 35. Sometimes I feel like I am still in my 20's, but my 3 children are quick to remind me I am not! I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing when I'm 50.
In any case, the day was pretty uneventful, but good. Ryan and Kendall are off on "vacation" so Natalie and I spent the morning together. I was a little sad that Ryan and Kendall weren't here to celebrate the day, but mostly happy to have a little breathing room to get some things done that have been hanging over my head for a LONG time. Having a moment or two to just sit down without being needed was quite amazing, actually.
Since it was MY day, I got to do whatever I wanted and my choice was to shovel dirt! I know it sounds super lame, but I had to maximize our kid-free time. David really wanted to take me out to dinner but I say NO. It's very rare we actually have time to work on projects, and working in the yard is very therapeutic to me. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to work out in the yard until dark. No bedtime routines to worry about. Natalie was so content in her exersaucer watching us shovel dirt and mow the yard. We actually feel like we accomplished something.
We capped the evening off with Thai food and wine. Delicious! And since it was MY birthday, David got to deal with Natalie in the night! Ahhh, I love birthdays! Although, my body isn't quite sure how to function with 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep, or is my age catching up with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment