A few weeks ago (or maybe more...the weeks are blending together these days!) the Minnesota Gophers played the Washington Huskies in the NIT Basketball Tournament. This is the first time, that we can recall, MY Gophers playing DAVID's Huskies. It was the ultimate Boehm match-up. Well actually, the Ultimate Match-up with be the Gophers playing the Huskies in the Rose Bowl, but as I Minnesota fan I have given up all hope of this every happening in my lifetime. In any case, Ryan, to my disappointment, was adamant about wearing his Purple. He convinced the girls to follow suit.
As soon as the Gophers pulled into the lead, I changed the girls into their Minnesota gear. Ryan couldn't handle it. He didn't NOT want to cheer for the Huskies but he couldn't resist the pressure. He was so torn. The Gophers were ahead most of the game which helped get him to cheer for them. He has to cheer for the team that is ahead...ALWAYS. He is the ULTIMATE band wagon jumper.
The Gophers ended up winning the game in overtime. The kids greeted David the next morning in full on Gopher gear that they went to bed in. This is one loss he will never live down.
M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, Minnesota, Minnesota, YAAAYY Gophers!
No comments:
Post a Comment