Sunday, March 18, 2012
Bye Bye Nukie
Kendall officially said bye, bye to her Nukie last Tuesday. After another rough bedtime routine I said enough was enough. Let me define rough bedtime routine: I am flying solo because David is working. Natalie doesn't want to go to sleep before the big kids like she usually does. This means that I'm trying to get the Ryan and Kendall down while keeping an eye on Natalie. This usually isn't hard, but Kendall has a really hard time calming down and going to sleep when her sister is there to distract her, then Kendall starts screaming because I can't snuggle as long as she would like me to because I need to tend to Natalie. In a fit of rage she throws her Nuk and proceeds to scream until she gets it back. In order for her to get it back I have to track down a flashlight to look for it under her bed. The flashlights are usually not where I left them (I have 3) because Ryan has moved a chair to reach them to use them for one of his games and can't remember where he put them. Please note that I now I have a secret hiding place for one, which is really mood point since I won't be needing to find the damn Nuk any more! Anyway, after getting on my hands and knees with the now found flashlight to look under her bed, Kendall finally gets her Nuk back and stops crying. You would think that would be the end of it, but it is not. Because even though she has her Nuk back it doesn't mean I am able to snuggle with her. We typically start the entire routine over - she tosses her Nuk (and my final bit of patience), and I have to search for it again. By this time Natalie is screaming because she wants her bottle and is ready for bed. And if you think Ryan is sitting back taking this all in from the comfort of his bed you would be mistaken. He is usually in his bed, but he is whining up a storm because Kendall "woke him up", even though he was never asleep in the first place. So, in a nutshell! that is my definition of a rough bedtime routine.
You can see why I said enough was enough. Actually, you are probably wondering why I let this go on so long. Let me tell you.
I knew that once we said bye, bye to that dear old Nuk I would have an even harder time getting my girl to bed and I wasn't quite up to the task since her sister has been sleeping horrible thanks to 4 new teeth coming in. And as it turns out, I was not proven wrong, it HAS been a rough week of extra long bedtime routines, and sleepless nights because that Nuk was such a comfort in the middle of the night too. However, after almost a week without the Nuk Kendall is doing better at bedtime and I think she's almost forgotten about it. AND I don't have to get on my hands and knees and look for that Nuk ever again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment