Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Big 5

Ryan celebrated his 5th birthday last week.  He woke up on Friday morning so happy to be 5!  He was so proud, and just beaming from ear to ear.  It was pretty adorable.



We had a party for him on Wednesday after school.  He was very particular about who he wanted to invite so we just went with it.  It was very low key, but fun.  The kids all seemed to have a great time, as did the birthday boy.

Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Kendall, Ravenna, Birthday Boy Ryan, Quincy and Jim (not pictured: Carter and Eliza)  I LOVE all the cheesy grins!

Ry got so many fun gifts!


I was kind of going with a sports theme, since the kid is obsessed with sports, but when I gave him the cake options of baseball, football or basketball he threw me for a loop and picked out the turtle cake he spotted.  I couldn't say no, since he's kind of obsessed with turtles, too.  It was actually pretty easy to make, and Ryan loved it which made rolling all those tootsie rolls for the shell worthwhile.

I love Kendall in the background.  She was so excited to be a part of the fun, and included at the table with the other kids.  She was totally putting on a show for Ryan's friends.  As David and I have said 100 times, she is going to be the "class clown" when she gets into school.  She thinks she is so hilarious!

Mr. Turtle Cake was so delicious!

It was odd not having his party on his actual birthday.  I'm not sure we'll do that again, but just the way it worked out this year.  He kept wondering when his friends were coming to play.  Short memory I guess!  His friend Ravenna came over in the morning, then he had school and I had planned movie night so it was a full day, but guess it just didn't feel like his birthday!  It did to me, though.  It's hard to believe my boy is 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment