David and I decided the she wanted to be just like Ryan, who also has a black eye...same eye and all!
It really is hard to believe that in only one month our baby will be one. This year seemed to fly by. I don't remember it going so fast with Ryan. But everyone tells me that is because we weren't as busy...and I guess they are right.
Kendall is hard to keep up with. She is quick, and mischievous. There are so many things you have to follow up on: Toilet seat down? Check. Coffee table cleared off? Check. Sink cabinet child proofed? Check. Cellphone out of reach? Check. And the list goes on. She is into everything, and knows when you haven't gone through the list. She finds the opening within seconds.
She loves to eat (just like her mama), and takes her sweet old time. She is completely on solids now, and she loves to fee herself. I make sure to start her dinner before any one else, and she is still eating when we are done. We call her our little garbage disposal. She eats almost anything. We did notice she left her peas behind yesterday, and am not sure what that's about. She typically loves peas.
She is getting close to walking. She lost her balance tonight, stabled herself, then took a few steps to me! I can't imagine the trouble she will get into when she's on two feet.. I just hope we can hear her coming like we do now. She's not the quietest crawler around...which is so nice. It is super easy to keep track of her for now.
Her and Ryan are becoming better buddies. Ryan actually called her his "best buddy" today. I think he REALLY loves that he can boss her around and she takes it! It doesn't fly when he does it with me and David. He does try...believe me. It is so much fun to see them play together. She adores him, and it is fun to see that he is actually enjoying her as well.
Kendall's sleeping patterns seem to be getting better. We have a our good nights, and bad nights. I think we had more good nights last week than bad, but the last few nights have been awful so I can't remember at the moment! We're getting there, though, and I guess that is all that matters.
I must note that she is loud. Very loud. Very, very, loud. She has a piercing screech that is enough to do me in. And if there was a "Loudest Baby Contest" she would win. Her cry can be heard down the block. I swear. Quote Ryan: "No thank you, Kendall, that hurts my ears". So funny.
And then there is the DRAMA! She is so put out when she doesn't get what she wants. I can just see how things will be when she is a teenager.
She is definitely a joy to be woken up by everyday! She is so much fun and we love her to pieces...just wish we could slow it down a bit.
So proud of her new chair!
Snack time with Big Brother Ryan. What a pair with their black eyes!
No comments:
Post a Comment