Miss Kendall is a thinker.
She is always pondering life's big questions. I have to be on my toes when she's around, because the tough questions are always on the tip of her tongue.
Some of our conversations as of late include:
"Mom, did you know boys can marry boys and girls can marry girls?" "If boys marry boys, how does the baby come out?" - We then discussed adoption. She did know that if girls marry girls they could have a baby but I did not go into sperm donation with my 6 year old, for the record.
"Mom, what's the most important thing in the world?" We answered God and family. A big, random question coming from the back seat of the car, I do have to say.
And then there was the questions that came after we discussed Aunt Melanie being adopted. So many questions. We answered them honestly, and she thought each answer over and kept the questions coming until she was satisfied.
I'm amazed at how inquisitive she is, and how deep the questions go. What I wouldn't give to be inside her head for a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment