Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Mud Puddle Splash

On our days off, the girls and I venture down the trail behind our house that connects to the neighborhood below us.  There is a long flat road for them to ride their scooters, and a creek to throw pebbles and sticks into.

There is also a dinosaur.  Yes, a dinosaur!  Miss Hanni came up with that name and the name stuck.  It's actually a concrete barricade.  The girls love to balance on it.  Kendall has no problems making it all the way across the dinosaur, or course (she is so balanced!).  Natalie, however,  needs a little help.  I held her hand as she made her way across but she decided that she didn't need help on the way back.  I knew this was not a good idea, but she refused any help.  AND she paid for it.  She lost her balance and fell into a huge mud puddle below and made the biggest splash.

I laughed.  Kendall laughed.  And Natalie cried.  Poor thing, but it was super funny!

She didn't get hurt, but was completely stunned.  The look on her face was priceless!
Before.  Throwing rocks into the river.

After.  Soaking wet!


No comments:

Post a Comment