Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Six Months In

This is how the house usually looks; one big mess!


Can you believe it's been 6 months since we moved to Issaquah?

I can't.  It seems like 2 years, actually.

The kids didn't miss a beat.  They love their new house, and all the extra room to run and play.  Especially outside.  They love the neighbor girls, Ava (2 1/2) and Ellie (7 months), and all the neighbors for that matter.  And most days I can't get them to leave the house, which is really annoying when I have errands to run.  They find so many things to do.

David is thrilled to be where we are at, and while I am too, I definitely miss our old house at times.  I miss being closer to the beach, but mostly I miss my morning runs with my friend Amy.  I loved those morning runs.  And I loved taking the kids to Carkeek Park or Matthews Beach or just walking to the playground down the street.  I do love our new digs, though.

The move really took a lot out of me, and I feel like I'm just beginning to climb out of the deep hole I've been in for a few months.  Trying to make this house our own has consumed me.  I'm trying to take more time to relax, and forget about my To Do list, but it's hard.  The ideas continue to flood my brain!

A friend posted the following on Facebook the other day and it really made me think:  "If you feel like what you do is never enough, don't do more - because that won't be enough either."  I love this.  It's exactly how I've been feeling for the past 6 months:  I can never get enough done.

There is still so much I want to do to the house, but here is what we have accomplished in the past 6 months:
1.  Painted the laundry room
2.  Painted the art room
3.  Painted the family room
4.  Painted the kitchen
5.  Painted the guest room
6.  Painted the living room
7.  Painted Ryan's bedroom
8.  Painted the Girl's bedroom
9.  Painted the upstairs hallway / stairway
10.  Painted the foyer
11.  Painted the downstairs 1/2 bath
(that's a lot of paint!)
12.  Created a photo wall up the stairs
13.  Painted 2 bedside tables for guestroom
14.  Weeded the 4 gardens (they need to be weeded again!)
15.  Decorated Ryan's room with a turtle theme
16.  Decorated the Girls room with pink and rainbow colors
17.  Rearranged our bedroom 2 times
18.  Rearranged the family room 10 times (it was probably more like 15, but that sounds so crazy!)
19.  Rearranged the living room 6 times, and it doesn't even have furniture in it.
20.  Decorated the guest room
21.  Made amazing progress on our garage organization
22.  Finished painting the trim in the downstairs hall, foyer and 1/2 bath.
23.  Almost completed painting the banister.  So far, my least favorite painting job.
24.  Organized my closet 3 times.
25.  Set up the art room (which is always a work in progress)

All this plus a job in top of trying to raise 3 kids.  I guess I should cut myself some slack, or just get back to my To Do list.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! Love it.
    Miss running with you too dear friend. We'll get back to it as soon as all our summer crazy dies down.

    ReplyDelete