I usually keep this blog about our family happenings, but wanted to share the fun event I planned for my Rotary Club and Rotary First Harvest (RFH), the organization I work for.
The Rotary Club of Lake Union (my club) holds a Happy Hour for Good the third Thursday of every month. I signed on to host the September Happy Hour, despite the fact that it landed on Kendall's birthday. The idea behind the Happy Hour is to engage more people in Rotary, and support a local non-profit. Since I was hosting I got to pick the beneficiary; of course picked RFH.
It turned out to be a beautiful evening at the Center for Wooden Boats listening to live Jazz music while sipping our RFH label wine and nibbling on delicious food. After a bit of stressing on my part (surprise, surprise) about the food and a few other details, the evening went off flawlessly. We made about $900 to benefit RFH!
A big thanks to Grandma Karen who came to watch the kids so David could be there to support me. And mostly for spending the evening with the birthday girl so I didn't feel so guilty about leaving her.
 |
| The spread. |
 |
| David Bobanick, ED at RFH (aka my boss) making his famous paella. |
 |
| Angela and Eileen, my Rotary Club members |
 |
| More awesome Rotarians! |
 |
| Such a cool event! |
No comments:
Post a Comment