Sunday, June 17, 2012

Co-op Olympics

Ryan's teacher, Teacher Sarah, arranged an Olympics Day at school last Tuesday.  Each of the kids made their own flag, and they did an opening ceremony around the school grounds.  The kids participated in events such as tumbling jump rope, toss the bean bag and standing jump.  The kids had so much fun being wild and crazy together.  I took half a day off work so I could be there to watch the festivities. So much fun!

All the kids and their flags.  Love the hula hoop "Olympic rings".  


Tumbling!

Getting crazy!

Ryan loves being at school with his friends.

Ryan and his flag.
My favorite part was watching Ryan learn to jump rope.  His first try he could not do it at all.  A few of the kids get out the jump ropes at recess and go to town, but Ryan has never had any interest in this and I'd never seen him jump.  So, it didn't really surprise me that he struggled with it.  The line was quite long, so after his turn I moved on to watch something else and when I peaked back in the jump rope room he was a jumping fool.  He had figured out the rhythm and was doing such an awesome job!  I was so proud of him.

The Star Spangled Banner lead by Miss Ravenna was also a huge highlight of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment