Kendall has been so verbal lately. She has new words daily, and is stringing together sentences like crazy. I love it, and I hate it. It is so fun to listen to her chatter, but she's also very demanding with her words. She has definitely entered the terrible twos. I'm pretty sure she thinks that since she can ask for something now, the answer will always be yes. When it's "No" she drops to the floor in hysteria. It's getting old quickly.
Some of my favorite things she has to say these days are:
1. "Tank you, Mum" or "Tank you, Mommy" - She does have good manners.
2. "Go way" - when she doesn't want to be bothered, which is more often than you think. The girl likes her space.
3. "Ichi-Ro". Of course she picked this up from Ryan but starts chanting it when we're watching football, not baseball.
4. "Hung-wee, peese". She says this when she wants something to eat - aka Hungry, Please.
5. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when she starts singing her ABC's. She gets to about G then doesn't get the rest, but so fun!
The two things she says that I HATE are "soccer ball" and "gum", because when either of these are spoken it leads to a tantrum. She is obsessed with gum and if I leave my bag anywhere with in eye shot of her she starts repeating "gum", "gum", "gum" non-stop. If I leave my bad on the floor she empties it completely in search of her beloved gum. She thinks she can have a piece, but can NOT (because she swallows it) which leads to a massive tantrum, ugly cry and all. This happens at least 3 times a day. And I'm not exaggerating! I should probably leave my bag in the car now that I think about it.
You would think that when she says "Soccer ball" she is referring to a round object you kick. However, this is not the case as I have learned. The other day she kept repeating "soccer ball" so I took her outside to kick the soccer ball around. This lead to another huge tantrum, with her screaming "soccer ball", "soccer ball". Do you understand my confusion? After a while I realized she was calling a sucker a "soccer ball". Duh. Of course, that round object on a stick is called a "soccer ball". Boy, am I stupid.
There is nothing sweeter than when she's singing songs, which she does often. Here is her singing in the bath tub the other night.
No comments:
Post a Comment