It was a great house to grow up in.
I have so many memories.
-The many days of making mud pies in the sandbox in the back yard, which eventually evolved to a more elaborate house in the back shed where we would "can" jelly using berries - which I'm sure were poisonous - from the neighborhood trees.
-I'm pretty sure we married off the entire neighborhood at 6 years old by holding weddings on the lilac adorned swing set.
-Flying down the steep stairs on our bellies was a daily occurrence. I'm still amazed none of us flew through the window at the bottom.
-Gina and Jenny Bartz will never let me live down that I "locked" them in our bedroom closet. All they had to do was slide the door open, but they have their side of the story.
-Getting ready on school mornings. All 6 of us managed to do it using one bathroom. Pretty impressive. The only downside was that you could never lay in front of the warm heater as long as you wanted!
-Watching Saturday cartoons in the sun porch, the best room ever. And as I got older watching football on Sundays while sitting at my art desk. Oh, and all those fun sleepovers that were held in that room.
-Family dinners in the kitchen. Fancy dinners in the dining room.
-The hours I spent shooting baskets in the backyard.
-Always disliking going into the basement because it was just a bit scary every time.
-Talking on the phone to boyfriends in the downstairs bathroom with the door closed so no one could hear our conversations.
-Practicing piano, and complaining about having to practice.
-Trying to sneak in after curfew. This only worked when Dad wasn't home, and we all knew that!
The list is endless. I will miss that place. It was so good to us.
| My Mom and Dad with the Final Papers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment