Sunday, November 21, 2010
Snuggle Time
My Mom has been visiting since last Sunday while David was on a hunting adventure. And there is no way I would have survived the week without her.
The kids have been awful sleepers the entire week. Only one night in the last six have I had a good night's sleep. Needless to say, I'm exhausted but so thankful I've had the extra help during the day when I'm a zombie.
A typical night for Kendall has been this: Bedtime at 7:30. Up screaming at 8:15. Make her cry herself back to sleep. Up again about 45 minutes later. Make her cry again. She doesn't stop, so snuggle with her (or Grandma snuggles with her). Put her back to bed. Up again 2 hours later. Drag her into bed with me when I realize she's not going to stop crying. Up every 1 to 2 hours until 7:30am when she wakes up happy. Go figure. I don't wake up so happy.
On a good night, Ryan sleeps through all of this. On a bad night, he wakes up and is up for 2 hours minimum tossing and turning. In order to get back to sleep he needs to snuggle with me as well. So most nights I'm the peanut butter in their little mommy sandwich.
Believe me, this Mama has had her quota of snuggle time over the past week. I'm sure I'll be ready for more next week, but definitely need a break this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment