We spent another wonderful weekend at the beach. The weather was amazing, and we all enjoyed relaxing and hanging out. We took Ryan into Long Beach one afternoon to experience the carousel and bumper cars. He said he had fun, but didn't even crack a smile. We also tried a short hike, but had to turn back due to flooding on the trail. Apparently, that happens in the winter. It's on our list to try again this summer.
On our way home on Tuesday we stopped at Subway for lunch. David took Ryan in to go potty, and he came out running when he was done yelling..."Mommy, Mommy, I pooped!". The entire place cracked up. I'm sure he made everyone's day, but David and I were a bit mortified. We did have a good laugh, though!
The Shoe From China!
Another funny story from the weekend has to do with "the shoe from China". We found this shoe full of barnacles on the beach one evening. It was the only unusual beach treasure we found all weekend. I just randomly said that it came from China, and Ryan couldn't get past it. He talked about the shoe all the way home, while he was in the bath, before bed and he was still talking about it when he woke up the next morning. David and I were ready to pull our hair out! I think he was upset that someone had lost their shoe. He's such a little thinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment