Potty training began on Thursday. After prepping Ryan for about a month, the journey finally began! We told him that we couldn't get any more diapers at the store for him, so he was going to have to wear big boy undies. He was pretty receptive to this, but did tell his Dad at one point that he could just go to Costco to get more diapers. This was the tipping point for me. Any 3 year old who is smart enough to say that, can definitely pee on the potty.
He's been doing awesome! I keep reminding him and coaxing him to go, and he seems to be getting annoyed with me. I realized yesterday that that is because he goes when he needs to. He usually stops what he is doing, makes an announcement that he has to pee and just goes! We've only had one accident so far (I am very impressed!). He still refuses to poop, but we'll get there. One step at a time...
No comments:
Post a Comment