Dear Ryan,
You are 3 years old today. I can't believe 3 years have already passed. You bring so much joy to me and your Daddy! You have such a fun personality. You love to laugh and giggle. We've loved watching your personality expand over the past year. You've become such a social little guy. You love going to your Co-op Preschool and playing with your friends. I am always amazed at how you remember every persons name. You also started going to Char's Place this year. You've made so many good friends there as well.
Your vocabulary has expanded tenfold this past year. You've even started talking with your hands! Sometimes we wish you wouldn't talk so much. We have to be careful of what we say, because you repeat everything!
You have become very hesitant to try new things. I've learned that I just need to push you. Once we get you to do something new, you always love it. When we were in Minnesota in July, you would not go for a boat ride, or a kayak ride, or even swim in the lake. I finally just forced you to try all of them and you loved them all! You are such a creature of habit.
You've grown up so much this year. You've become a big brother! We love watching you interact with your sister. You were a little scared of her at first, but now you love her to pieces and are very concerned when she cries. I'm so excited to see how your relationship grows. You started spending weekends with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Bill. You have so much fun, and we are so proud that you can do that on your own.
You're very athletic. You love to play baseball, football and soccer...and just run! I love to watch you whack the baseball off the tee. It's quite impressive, actually. You bat left handed and you throw with your left hand, too.
You are such a nice little boy (most of the time!). Here are a few of the things I love about you most:
- Your night time/goodbye routine: big hug, kiss, butterflies and noses. You've done this for a few years, and I'm so glad you still have to do it.
- The way you park your cars. You have always been very particular how they are parked. They all have a specific place, and you can't stop until they have all been parked.
-The way you sing songs to yourself and have started talking to yourself when you play. Your imagination is coming alive.
- The relationship you have with your Daddy. You two are quite the pair. I love watching you play and laugh together. Your new favorite activity is to go outside after dinner and watching the jets fly overhead. You two are always up to something!
- I love that you will still snuggle with me (but only when your Dad is not around!).
- Books! You love to read books. You love when we read to you, and you will spend hours reading them yourself.
- I love that you are such a happy kid and love to have fun!
I love you, Buddy! I'm so glad I get to be your Mommy!!
Happy 3rd Birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment