Rotary First Harvest holds a work party the second Saturday of every month. I've gone before, but haven't been able to take Ryan with me because you have to be in 3rd grade or up to attend. I talked with my boss and he thought it would be just fine to bring Ryan with me (especially since he is 8 now) even though he's only a 2nd grader.
OMG! Proud Mama is an understatement! The kid was a work horse! He put his head down and boxed up those apples faster than anyone there, and he didn't flinch when it came to moving the 22 pound boxes. And he didn't quit until every last apple was boxed up. We helped repack over 20,000 pounds of apples for the food banks!
After 3 hours of work, he asked if we could go back again the next day.
I was so impressed, as were many of the other Rotarians there. I'm guessing our second Saturdays will be booked from here on out.

No comments:
Post a Comment