Thursday, June 13, 2013
Happy 2nd Birthday, Natalie!
Dear Natalie,
Whoa! This has been a crazy year! You've taken us on one wild roller coaster ride the past two years. We've probably said, "It's a good thing you are cute!" over 1 million times. You can be so frustrating. You definitely know what you want, and won't take NO for an answer. And if we do tell you NO you find a way to get it yourself. You are so quick and mischievous. We call you our little "Curious George" - a good little monkey but always very curious.
We can't imagine our lives without your endless smile and vibrant personality, though. You bring so much joy to our lives.
Kendall and Ryan think you're hilarious...and you think you're pretty hilarious, too. You've started acting like the class clown already, and fit that role so nicely. You have us laughing everyday with your silly tactics.
You vocabulary is off the charts, in my opinion. You talk in full sentences and comprehend everything. Your Daddy asked you what you were doing this morning and you responded, "I'm climbing up to get my water". I am always surprised when things come out of your mouth because I think such a small person should not be able to say so much. A few of the things you say that always make me smile are: "I carry you" when you want me to pick you up, "No like your kisses" anytime I kiss you because you think it's funny, "My turn", "I Spy...ummm" when we're playing I Spy at the dinner table. You can not be left out! You've also started to ask the one question that will make me crazy for sure, "Why?".
Music. You love music. You are always singing or humming. You pick up a tune so quickly. It makes my heart smile to hear you sing in your sweet voice. I love when you sing along with me while I'm singing to you at bedtime. Your songs of choice these days are: "Byo, Byo" (I'm so sick of singing that song to you!), "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Baa Baa Blacksheep", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Jesus Loves Me". It always cracks me up when you ask for "Baa Baa Blacksheep". You say, "Baa baa bwacksheep have you any wool yes sir yes sir free bags full one for master one for dame". Every time. You never just say, "Baa Baa Blacksheep".
Books. You love books just as much as your brother and sister. I love this. When you are quiet for too long I always expect the worst, but then I find you sitting quietly reading books. You've been doing more and more of this lately. You even read out loud like your sister. I often find the two of you sitting next to each other covered up with a blanket reading together.
Trouble. You are always getting into something. The usual places we can find you are in the bathroom "washing your hands", digging in any bag left on the floor, or up on a stool in the kitchen getting into whatever your heart desires. Gum, the iPad and lotion are your favorites. Just the other night when I thought you were sound asleep, I found you playing with the diaper cream in your bed. It was everywhere! You definitely find trouble wherever trouble can be found. Which means there is never a dull moment at our house.
You've always been a climber and are so sure on your feet just like your siblings. You move at lightening speed, I swear. You are so quick. It's scary. You love to play tag with Ryan, and love when he gets you and tickles you! I adore watching you play together. You climb stairs as no two year old should. Your favorite way to come down the stairs are headfirst on your tummy. You have just a little crazy mixed into your sweet being, for sure.
And the thing you love most of all is treats. You take one bite of your dinner, push your plate away and say "treat". After breakfast you ask for treats, too. You think any hour is treat hour! You definitely got your mom's sweet tooth.
There are so, so many things I love about you but my absolute favorite thing about you is your smile. You are always smiling. When I am so mad at you for whatever you have just done to frustrate the heck out me, your sweet smile always makes it better. Always. You add so much life and energy to our family, Miss Natalie. I love you so much!
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment