Monday, January 28, 2013

Goodbye, Olympic View Elementary

Ryan's last day at Olympic View Elementary was Friday, January 18th. 

It was such an emotional day for me.  I loved that little school, and his teacher, and seeing Ryan blossom and make new friends there.  It was really hard for me to say goodbye.

Ryan didn't miss a beat, and maybe didn't grasp the situation as wholly as I could as an adult. 

Goodbyes stink.

When I arrived to pick him up at the end of the day, Mrs. Cieslar had each of the kids say something to Ryan - like, "I'll miss you", or something they liked about him.  Thankfully, I missed the first couple because I was in tears by the end.  I would have been sobbing if I'd caught the whole thing.  It was really special for me to hear the kind things the kids had to say about my boy.

Ryan and Mrs. Cieslar


Ryan and his big buddy, Sam R.


No comments:

Post a Comment