Friday, February 11, 2011

Spoiled Rotten


We always feel so spoiled when my parents come to visit.  David and I usually get out for a date, the kids get undivided attention 24/7, and I don't have to do the dishes or laundry (thanks, Dad!).

Needless to say, we had another wonderful week with them and were so sad to say goodbye Monday night.

We had fairly decent weather while they were here so we were able to enjoy some outdoor activities - Alki Beach, biking around the block and lots of baseball.  Ryan would drag whoever he could find out for a quick baseball game.  He even hit two balls over the bamboo into the neighbors yard!

Kendall enjoyed getting away with basically everything, and endless snuggling with Grandma.  She just knows how to get what she wants.

Grandma and Grandpa decided to stay in a hotel Monday night so neither David or I had to get up at 5am to drive them to the airport Tuesday morning.  We were a little annoyed by this, because getting up at 5am is the least we could do to thank them for a weeks worth of help.  It turned out to be a fun adventure, though.  The hotel had a pool so we spent the evening swimming!  Ryan had so much fun jumping in and going under.  It's amazing how far he's come.  Miss Kendall clung on to Grandma in the pool, and had fun splashing.  For some reason she wanted nothing to do with me.

There were no tears when we said goodbye this time, but I could have cried the next day when I had piles of dishes to do and two screaming kids who just needed some attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment