This was the first Christmas I have ever spent at my own home. We usually go to the Boehm's in Castle Rock, or Minnesota to be with my family. Never have I spent Christmas at my own house. And I found it was a little weird, but nice.
| Kendall in her pretty dress. |
| Ryan and his two best buddies. |
Christmas Eve Day the entire Boehm family gathered at our house for a great visit and another amazing dinner by David. After dinner we went to to view Garden D'Lights - a spectacular light display that always impresses.
| One of the spectacular sights. The photos don't do it justice! |
| Ryan and the alligator. |
When we got home Ryan left out cookies and milk for Santa, and an apple and carrot for the Rudolph. He had so much fun! This was probably my favorite part of Christmas. I loved watching Ryan's joy and excitement about everything! Kendall was a bit overwhelmed with it all, and just wasn't quite her busy self.
| Getting the goodies ready for Santa! |
Christmas morning was the best. I woke up before everyone, and was so thankful I was there to witness Ryan's expression when he saw that Santa had come! It was priceless. I think he was most excited that Santa and the reindeer had licked the plate clean of all the treats he left.
| Ryan so happy Santa and the reindeer ate all the goodies. In the background: the Snowman Ryan asked Santa for . |
Later in they day, we opened gifts with Karen, Bill and Melanie. Ryan was involved with everyone's gift opening. He sat on everyone's lap as they opened their gifts. He wasn't into opening just his gifts, which was so sweet. Kendall, again, was pretty glossy eyed and fell asleep.
| Kendall and Grandma Karen. |
| Kendall enjoying her toy Santa brought her. |
| My Happy Boy! |
| The Dynamic Due and their matching fishing games. |
Ryan's favorite gifts were the digital camera he got from Auntie Jenn and Uncle Michael (look for photos to be posted soon!) and the race track for all his cars.
| Ryan having fun with his new camera! Thanks Auntie Jenn and Uncle Michael! |
It was a really laid back, fun Christmas and, as always, I'm so sad it's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment