David left for a short hunting trip on Tuesday. He'll be home tonight, and I'm definitely counting the hours until he returns. I'm so glad he could get away, as it doesn't happen very often. But I'm exhausted and am ready for some help. It was good for me to juggle the two kiddos on my own for the first time, but it's definitely challenging. Ryan has been pretty good, but his energy wears me out quickly!
We've had activities the last few mornings which has been the biggest challenge. It's been hard getting all three of us ready to go. There is a lot to juggle when you have a baby to feed, toddler to keep under control, and yourself to get ready. I'm tired from spinning in circles!! It's been a good challenge, but David can get home anytime!
The families from Ryan's Preschool have been bringing dinner by the last 3 nights which has been amazing. I get a knock on my door and dinner is delivered! Awesome!!
Ryan has been really good for the most part. Bedtime gets to be a little hairy. He usually needs his Daddy about then...I think he's just sick of Mom. Kendall has been great. She slept from 10:30-5:30 Tuesday night! You'd think I would be well rested, but I was up quite a few times making sure she was still breathing. I did everything exactly the same last night in hopes that she would sleep just as well...she didn't, of course. She did pretty good, though. She was up at 2:30 and again at 7:30 (it took Ryan over a year to sleep that well!!).
Anyway, I survived...but hope I don't have to do it on my own again for awhile. It does give me a new found respect for single moms. I don't know how they do it day after day.
No comments:
Post a Comment