Ryan and I spent almost a week in Minnesota over the 4th. There were a few bumps along the way....Ryan vomiting the night before we left, having to catch a later flight, Katy almost passing out on the plan (thank goodness Mom was on the same flight), and Katy vomiting the night of the 4th...but overall we had a great time! The weather could not have been more perfect. It was 75-80 degrees every day.
Ryan did amazing on the flight and the long drive (almost 5 hours) north...all in one day! He did have one meltdown. He did not want to get into Grandma and Grandpa's car at the airport. For some reason he expected Mommy's car to be in Minnesota!
It took the little bugger a few days to adjust to cabin life. Every day he became a little more accustomed to things. There were a lot of "No. I Not" to start out...to the life jacket, the boat ride, the kayak ride and swimming in the lake. Once I realized that I just had to force him to do those things we had a blast...and he loved every one of them!
A few of the highlights:
Ryan refusing to look at Evelyn (7 months). Auntie Gina put her right up to him, and he moved away as quickly as possible without making eye contact with her. It was hysterical! Thankfully he warmed up to her towards the end of the vacation. I was getting really worried about how he will react to his new baby sister in a few months. I'm feeling a little better about it now!
Riding in the boat with Ryan, Gunnar and Emma. Ryan screaming the first 5 minutes because he didn't want the life jacket on, then listening to he and Gunnar about the speed. Ryan would say, "faster, Grandpa!" and Gunnar would reply, "slow down, Grandpa!".
The trip to "Old MacDonald's Farm" as titled by Ryan. Gina took us to the farm so Ryan could ride on a tractor for the first time. Of course he wouldn't ride the tractor, but we still had fun. He did ride on the four-wheeler with Gunnar. He also called the hay bales "potatoes". We have no idea where that came from!
Eating at the Burger Hut for the first time in 10+ years! Yummy!!
Spending time with Jeannie and Charlie!
Rachel and Bobby spending the weekend with us! It was great to see them. The brought amazing cheese and brats for us to enjoy!!
Gina having everything so organized that I didn't have to think about cooking once. Thank you, Gina!!
Hearing about Gunnar's fishing stories frm Dad and Uncle Charlie! I still can't believe he stayed out in the boat for more than 3 hours without falling asleep.
The baseball games in the back yard and the camp fires by the lake!
The beautiful moon rise over Tulabe Lake on our last night! Spectacular!!
Ryan making Abby run up the hill a zillion times! What a sport! "Up the hill, Abby!" The poor girl couldn't sit down for 30 seconds before he'd start again. He's one persistent little guy!
Grant lighting fireworks with the kids. They had so much fun! Ryan loved throwing the snaps on the big rock. I think he used up all them by himself.
Ryan driving the "Bartz car" down the hill.
Making such fun memories with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment