Thursday, December 18, 2008




On December 4th, as we were getting ready for dinner guests, Ryan got his finger stuck in the hinged side of the front door. As I was running to his rescue, he ripped his finger free.

He ripped off his finger nail and part of the tip in the process. I picked him up, saw the damage, yelled for David and we were off to the ER. Our ER experience was horrific. We had to watch as the put Ryan in a "straight-jacket" to get the finger stitched up. The entire process took much longer than a 2 year old can bear...especially this 2 year old. He screamed the entire time - "wiggle, wiggle", "all done". It was more than both David and I could handle, let alone Ryan. Once they freed him, he did amazing.

He's handled it all so well. What a little trooper! He got his stitches out a week ago, and the finger is healing quite nicely.

Our routine for the week was bath time, then we'd re-bandage the wound. The more it healed, the harder it was for Ryan to sit still. We stopped bandaging it yesterday and he's doing great. He has stopped babying it and seems almost back to normal. It really is quite amazing. All I have to say is the little bugger must have a very high tolerance for pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment