Saturday, September 20, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Kendall!

Dear Kendall,

Today you turned five.  FIVE.  That seems like such a grown up number.  I shouldn't be so surprised you are growing up so fast, after all.

Your legs have gotten so long.  Some days I have to blink to make sure I'm seeing them correctly.  How did they get that long?

You are one active little girl.  You love to ride your bike, climb trees and dance.  Your balance is amazing, as it always has been.  Our neighbor Rick reminds you every time he sees you that he expects tickets to watch you run in the Olympics in 15 years.  Your stride is perfect.  You also love to swim, and are so confident in the water.  We love watching you gain confidence as you do all of these activities.

You love to keep up with your brother.  The two of you still have so much fun together.  I do hope that never changes.  Hearing the two of you be silly and giggle together is one of my favorite things.  You are starting to tolerate your sister so much more.  We all know she can be a pain but you tolerate her least of all, understandably.  She is very good at messing up your things.  It's been really fun to watch the two of you play together lately.  You've really started using your imaginations together and coming up with fun things to do while Ryan is at school. I love that, and hope your relationship continues to blossom.

You are such a loving little girl.  There is a reason we call you Sweet Kendall.  You are so thoughtful, and always thinking about other people.

You are starting to get a little sassy, though, too, which I'm ok with.  I like to see that you're finding your voice and learning to express yourself. 

You definitely know what you like, and how you like things.  Your style is your style, and you like things where you like things.  You have very specific ideas about things, which is just fine (most of the time!).  It is fun to watch that side of you. 

You still make your way into mommy and daddy's bed most nights.  While you can be a terrible bed partner, we love snuggling with you.  Waking up to your sweet face is a good way to start a day! We know it won't last forever, so we'll soak it up while we can. 

You started your new school the beginning of this month, and we have already seen so many changes in you.  You are much more confident, and you are so proud of all the new friends you are making.  Your teachers say you are a joy to have in class.  You make us proud! 

Your favorite part of school right now is ballet class on Mondays.  Your teacher told me that you do such an awesome job, and love to express yourself with dance.  I'm not surprised!  We have loved watching you dance at home, too!

You are starting to learn to read, and take pride in writing your letters and numbers.  There is nothing stopping you now! 

You are one special kid, Miss Kendall.  Your dad and I think you are pretty awesome and we are so incredibly proud to call you our daughter.  You are simply one of the best gifts we have ever received.

I love you, sweet girl!
Mommy







No comments:

Post a Comment